"80s Inc" - The Best of 80s Party Music!
Perth band 80s Inc specialises in playing the best 80s dance and party music and is one of the most popular cover bands in Perth. They draw crowds of well over 600 to their concerts at the iconic Charles Hotel - the last of the large live pub venues in Perth.
Charles Hotel 9th March 2019. A sell out crowd of 660. Photos by Karina Cass.
Capacity crowd of 660 at the Charles Hotel 24th March 2018.
80s Inc at the Carine Glades Tavern, Duncraig (October 2017). Photos by Rob Masters & Alicia Smith.
80s Inc performing in Onslow, Western Australia (October 2017).
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (October 2016). A sell out crowd of over 600. Photos by Rob Masters.
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (July 2016). A sell out crowd of over 600.
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (April 2016). A sell out crowd of over 600 (sold out one month prior).
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (February 2016). Another sell out crowd (sold out one month prior).
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (November 2015)
The sell out crowd of over 600 at the Charles (sold out two weeks beforehand)
80s Inc at the Charles Hotel, North Perth (August 2015)
Photos by Rob Masters
Sell out crowd of over 600 at the Charles Hotel (August, 2015)
80s Inc at the Civic Hotel, Inglewood (2014)
80s Inc at the Herdsman Lake Tavern, Wembley (2015)
Fans at the Civic Hotel, Inglewood (2014)
Fans at the Herdsman Lake Tavern, Wembley (2015)
International performer Earl Cole is one of Perth's most versatile vocalists and musicians covering genres from neo-classical to jazz and pop. In a former life he was an accomplished keyboard player and a talented composer and singer/songwriter who released a number of original albums spanning over 20 years (under a different name). In the mid 80s he had a number 1 and number 3 album on the Western Australian independent charts. He supported a number of touring acts including Pseudo Echo and Do Re Mi and was also a semi finalist in the 1985 WA Battle of the Bands - as the only soloist. In 2006 he was a top 5 finalist in the classical music category of the National Musicoz Awards and was winner of the international Broadjam 'soundtrack' composition contest. 80s Inc is a return to his roots.
Louise is a full time flute teacher, plays a mean sax and has a voice ideally suited to 80s pop and rock. She has performed in a number of cover bands over the years and most recently sung with Karina Difabio as part of her ABBA tribute Abbasalute. Louise has a degree in music and associate diploma of performance.
Originally a clarinetist, Quentin graduated from UWA with Music Double Major in Music (Bachelor of Arts). He then took up the guitar and completed an Associate Diploma in Jazz and Contemporary Performance at WAAPA. Over the past 20 years he has played guitar in a number of Perth original and cover bands including Sister Moon, Disco Fever, Word Of Mouth, Funk La Range, Purple, Something Without Mary, Lost Boys & The Wendys. As a jazz musician, he has played guitar for The Harry Deluxe Swing Band and has been a session player for Downstairs At His Majesty’s cabaret seasons and dozens of local musical productions. Quentin has also composed music/scores for numerous theatre, dance-company and film productions. By day he is employed as a high school classroom music teacher.
Mark played drums in various London bands during the height of the new wave/new romantic era of late 70s and early 80s. One band of note that he played with was Pre Set. Pre Set released an album and a single in 1981 which received radio airplay and very positive reviews. Mark moved to Australia later that year and joined the high profile 50s /60s retro band The Teddy Bears. Alongside some of Perth's best musicians, Mark played drums for The Teddy Bears during their heyday from 1981 to 1984. Although he has played in various cover bands since, his focus has been his career and family. Mark's love of 80s music meant the opportunity to join 80s Inc and once again play with top shelf musicians was too good to pass up.
Darren has nearly 30 years of experience playing bass in various original and cover bands including "Radio 80", "Our Generation" and "Timewarp". He has also played in support bands for international and national artists such as Bryan Adams, Boz Scaggs, Kim Wilde, James Reyne, The Screaming Jets, GANGgajang and The Angels. Aside from his on stage experience, Darren has worked for prominent Perth musical equipment retail and hire businesses over a number of years.
Shenton Park GP George was a keen keyboard player and composer before pursuing his medical career. In recent years he has rediscovered his love of performing live and playing keyboards with local rock bands. He also works as an occasional piano accompanist. George is an exceptional 'ear' musician with an impeccable sense of timing and rhythm.
- 1999 (Prince)
- 99 Luftballons (Nena)
- 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)
- And She Was (Talking Heads)
- And We Danced (The Hooters)
- Antmusic (Adam and the Ants)
- Back On The Chain Gang (The Pretenders)
- Baggy Trousers (Madness)
- Beds Are Burning (Midnight Oil)
- Better Be Home Soon (Crowded House)
- Blister In The Sun (Violent Femmes)
- Boys In Town (The Divinyls)
- Breakout (Swing Out Sister)
- Bring Me Some Water (Melissa Ethridge)
- Celebration (Kool & The Gang)
- Centerfold (J Geils Band)
- Cheap Wine (Cold Chisel)
- Come Said The Boy (Mondo Rock)
- Counting The Beat (The Swingers)
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
- Dancing In The Dark (Bruce Springsteen)
- Dancing On The Ceiling (Lionel Richie)
- Don't Change (INXS)
- Don't You Forget About Me (Simple Minds)
- Don't You Want Me Baby (Human League)
- Down Under (Men At Work)
- Echo Beach (Martha and The Muffins)
- Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Tears For Fears)
- Flame Trees (Cold Chisel)
- Flash Dance (Irene Cara)
- Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
- Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jnr)
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
- Girls On Film (Duran Duran)
- Gloria (Laura Branigan)
- Gold (Spandau Ballet)
- Great Southern Land (Icehouse)
- Heaven (Eurogliders)
- Heaven Is A Place On Earth (Belinda Carlisle)
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benetar)
- Hold Me Now (The Thompson Twins)
- I Don't Want A Lover (Texas)
- I Love Rock n' Roll (Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
- I Ran (Flock of Seagulls)
- I Want Candy (Bow Wow Wow)
- I Want That Man (Debbie Harry)
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) (The Proclaimers)
- Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield)
- Just Can't Get Enough (Depeche Mode)
- Jump (Van Halen)
- Kids In America (Kim Wilde)
- Like A Virgin (Madonna)
- Live It Up (Mental As Anything)
- Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi)
- Love Shack (B52s)
- Material Girl (Madonna)
- Mickey (Toni Basil)
- Modern Love (David Bowie)
- Morning Train (Sheena Easton)
- Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley)
- Only You (Yazoo)
- Our Lips Are Sealed (The Go Gos)
- Out Of Mind Out Of Sight (The Models)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) (U2)
- Poison Arrow (ABC)
- Rain (Dragon)
- Rock The Casbah (The Clash)
- Run To Paradise (The Choirboys)
- Shake It Up (The Cars)
- Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top)
- Solid Rock (Goanna)
- Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams)
- Super Freak (Rick James)
- Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
- Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
- Take On Me (a-Ha)
- The Best (Tina Turner)
- The Power Of Love (Huey Lewis & The News)
- The Riddle (Nik Kershaw)
- The Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia) (GANGgajang)
- The Time Of My Life (Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes)
- Things Don't Seem (Australian Crawl)
- Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters & Collectors)
- Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
- To Her Door (Paul Kelly)
- Touch (Noiseworks)
- Turn Back Time (Cher)
- Turning Japanese (The Vapours)
- Underneath The Radar (Underworld)
- Under the Milky Way (The Church)
- Venus (Bananarama)
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham)
- Walk Like An Egyptian (The Bangles)
- Walk Of Life (Dire Straights)
- Walking On Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
- We Built This City (Starship)
- What I Like About You (The Romantics)
- What's My Scene (Hoodoo Gurus)
- Whip It (Devo)
- White Wedding (Billy Idol)
- Would I Lie To You (Eurythmics)
- Wouldn't It Be Good (Nick Kershaw)
- You Spin Me Round (Dead Or Alive)
CLIENT FEEDBACK AND TESTIMONIALS
"Thank you so much for performing last night and organising the music before the band started. You guys were absolutely fantastic! So many people last night commented on 80’s Inc and how awesome you all were and the playlist was perfect! Please pass on my gratitude to the rest of the band members. I can’t express how much we enjoyed it."
Julie Gaglia (Booked 80s Inc for a 40th birthday party)
"We had a great party and “80's Inc” were brilliant. The band's sets were great and it felt like there was a really good rapport between them and the audience. We have had lots of very positive comments , texts and emails from friends saying how much they enjoyed the performance. I would not hesitate to recommend them and thank you for your assistance in booking them.
Belinda & John Ryall (Booked 80s Inc through Champion Music for a 50th birthday party)
"I searched everywhere for a band that would make our celebrations special and I found 80’s Inc! These guys are fantastic. Very professional and awesome sound. They had obviously planned and rehearsed well because they came prepared and polished. I had a wide range of age groups at my party and every single person commented on how great they were. I couldn’t agree more and will definitely use this band again when I have my next big celebration."
Brad Ogden (Booked 80s Inc through for his 40th birthday party)
"You guys were FANTASTIC! Everyone was asking 'how did you find the band, they are awesome!!!!'. I'll be spreading the word as I'm sure all my guests will as well. Thank you so much for making my 40th so memorable."
Kendel Lynam (Booked 80s Inc for her 40th birthday party through Big Sky Entertainment)
"It was a fantastic night, everyone loved the band, Thank you so much! Had heaps of ladies saying what a fun night it was and that the band was awesome. Thanks again"
Ruth Patrick (Booked 80s Inc for a breast cancer fundraising event)
"You did a fantastic job and really got people up and dancing – the perfect end to an already great night."
Amanda & Paul Jakubow (Booked 80s Inc for their wedding)
"Thank you guys so much; the band were the highlight of a really enjoyable party. Everyone at the party had a ball and we even received very positive feedback from neighbours. Many sat outside their backyard and listened and danced apparently!!"
Eli Gabbay (Booked 80s Inc for his 50th birthday party)
"Thanks for putting on such a great show. I haven’t danced so much in ages!"
Jane Frazer (Booked 80s Inc for a 50th birthday party)
"Thank you for a great night, everyone I’ve spoken to this morning really enjoyed the music."
Tahlia Jovic (Booked 80s Inc for a CJD Equipment function)
"The music was great! Thanks."
Keith Cameron (booked 80s Inc for his wife's 50th Birthday party)
“This band is full of fun and character. Stealing my heart actually …. Cheerful, friendly and energetic the band kept us on the dancefloor with skilful, energetic and sympathetic renditions of the 80's hits we were there for. Eighties played right with a band with a character all their own …. This isn't soulless rehash, and it's not favourites massacred, it's a wonderful celebration of this music played by very good musicians who love it.” Alicia Smith
80s Inc performs ticketed public shows every few months. Tickets for the next Charles Hotel show on 8th June 2019 are now on sale.
For all booking enquiries please contact 0437 295 857 or complete the Earl Cole Music booking enquiry form.